- This event has passed.
Street Art with Ana Paz
August 30 @ 12:00 - 17:00CHF130 – CHF140
Street Art on Canvas (Geometric Abstract Art)
Geometric Abstract art, in a way, rejects a predisposed idea that there necessarily has to be “something” to paint, and re-affirms painting as something one simply does. The visions of geometric abstraction are utopian, seemingly impossible because they are non-existent, or at least non-palpable.
Do you want to know the secrets of colours, compositions and layering? Do you want to know how to create dynamic and powerful paintings? Do you like shapes and want to give more power to your compositions?
The outcome of the workshop will be to complete painting in an geometric abstract style, with either geometric or organic shapes and compositions, with or without mixed media on canvas (i.e. adding sand in the paint, adding other material such as cloth to the canvas to add structure and depth).
What will you learn ?
- Composition (the design in your canvas)
- Contrast in your composition (between shapes, forms, colors)
- Colors (about value, saturation, temperature, harmony, complements)
- How to create shadows, depth and 3D effect
- Texture (marcks, shapes and forms )
- How to work with masking tape
- How to take risk in your art
- How to “put your soul” on the canvas (finding your own style, uniqueness)
- When your painting is finished
This is not a typical “guided event”. There will be no step-by-step instructions for a particular painting. Instead, Ana will show you some techniques and tricks and encourage you to paint intuitively and freely.
No prior Painting experience necessary
1 extra large canvases (50x70cm OR 40x80cm) and all other painting materials are provided and included in the ticket price. Additional canvases & paint are available at the studio (15-30CHF per canvas)
Do you like shiny things? We’ve got pearly, silver, copper and golden acrylic Paint!
We use premium acrylic paint by fleury-art.com
Language of Instruction: English