If you ever wanted to paint abstractly but didn’t know where to start, this is the course for you. You will learn that there is more to painting abstracts than most people think but this course makes it easy for you. I will guide you through different compositions that I use. At the end of the class you will have tried three of these compositional formats.
The emphasis is on learning the fundamentals and developing trust and confidence in your own wild expressiveness. You will be guided in a series of structured loosening up exercises, using acrylic and/or watercolor paint and a variety of drawing tools in the creation of nonobjective abstract paintings.
Line, color, shape, form, value, space, and texture are the seven core elements of art and they often overlap and inform one another. Whether talking about drawing, painting, sculpture, or design, these components of art all need to be taken into consideration. Once you have a handle on these seven visual elements, it’s even easier to create your own art.
This class is designed to help you develop an understanding of the elements, have fun creating, begin to trust your own creative intuition and build confidence that you can make your own dynamic paintings.
In this workshop, I will teach you:
- about the composition, contrast, value, colors, marks, shapes, taking risk.
- how abstract art works
- how to create abstract paintings
- learn to remove creative blocks to expression
- get comfortable and confident using watercolor paints and other media
- how and when to finish your painting
You will need the following supplies (but it will work with everything you have at home):
- oil pastels
- ballpoint pans
- metallic paints
- watercolor paper
- masking tape
- blow dryer
Bring openness to playfully exploring different media and abstract imagery.
How it works:
- Purchase your class via our website
- Forward your purchase confirmation to Ana (firstname.lastname@example.org) and arrange for a date and time to meet online
- Possible time slots on most days are:
- 9:00 – 11:30
- 14:00 – 16:30
- The class will take place in a private video-call. Ana has the ability to show you techniques via her desk camera (see this youtube video for an idea of the quality) and you can show her your work via your webcam.
- The class is designed for an individual. Joining with a second person can also work but please let Ana know ahead of time.
- The current price is a special lockdown offer and is valid until end of May (regular rate is 90 CHF/hour)
- Possible languages of the class: English, Romanian, Spanish & Italian